Founded in 1854 by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, St. Stanislaus is the oldest institution of learning on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Chartered in 1870 as St. Stanislaus College, the school became a college preparatory in 1923. In over 150 years the Brothers and faculty at St. Stanislaus have trained more than 10,000 young men in the principles of Christian doctrine and education. These young men upon leaving St. Stanislaus have taken their place in the world as true Men of Character.
The mission of St. Stanislaus College, a Catholic resident and day school for young men, is to teach Gospel values and to nurture the total development of each student according to the charism of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart. The school fosters character formation and integrates faith development within a curriculum that is primarily college preparatory. As an integral part of its mission, St. Stanislaus maintains a resident program that offers students opportunities for educational success and personal growth within a disciplined and structured environment.